U3A noosa Terms and Conditions of Membership
As a self-funded member-based organisation, U3A noosa expects that all members, tutors, staff and volunteers will behave in a courteous and civilised manner in all dealings relevant to U3A noosa. As a member, you therefore agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Participate in a friendly and positive way at all times and show respect, courtesy and consideration to everyone you deal with in U3A noosa.
- Wear the U3A noosa lanyard at all times whilst participating in a U3A noosa course, class, activity and when at Michell House.
- Be punctual and reliable in attending U3A noosa courses/events/office rosters or other commitments; and forewarn of unavoidable absences, withdrawals from courses, classes, events or volunteer commitments.
- Observe strict confidentiality regarding organisational and members’ personal information to which you may have access, never disclosing contact details of any U3A noosa member or tutor to anyone without their permission.
- Avoid all forms of discriminatory behaviour in regard to nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, culture, religion, age and mental or physical capacity.
- Preserve the wellbeing and safety of members and the organisation by abiding by any directive or prerequisite specific by tutors or event organisers for that participation.
- Not cause any wilful damage to U3A noosa premises, materials, facilities or equipment.
- Promote U3A noosa in a positive way, refraining from harming the organisation’s reputation or relationships by inappropriate comment or actions.
- Abide by this and all other U3A noosa policies and procedures.
- Membership can be revoked at the discretion of the Management Committee.
- Membership Fees once paid are non-refundable. Membership fees may be refunded at the discretion of the Management Committee where exceptional circumstances apply or U3A noosa cancels a course before it starts for which the member specifically paid membership fees to attend.
- Membership categories include – Financial, Reciprocal, Ex-officio (non paying),
- Reciprocal members must provide proof of financial membership at another U3A and cannot attend meetings and do not have voting rights. Reciprocity applies for visitors and for 3 months only.
- Tutors may be ex-officio members but do not have voting rights. Levies are payable by tutors in classes other than the one for which they are the official tutor.
- Members must register for a course on an Expression of Interest form at reception. If they do not attend the first class and fail to notify reception, they may lose their place e.g. where there is a waiting list.
U3A noosa accompanying Policies include – Grievance & Dispute Resolution Policy and Procedure
- Member Code of Conduct