The purpose of this policy is to set out members’ privacy rights and to document the framework that U3A noosa will apply when collecting, storing and using members’ personal information.
This policy applies to any information collected by U3A noosa that can be used to identify an individual member. This policy is directed to all members for their information and rights of membership and to all staff for implementation and adherence.
We may collect and record the following types of personal information about members:
- postal, street and/or email addresses
- telephone contact number/s
- date of birth or age range
- concession card details if applying for a concession price
- previous profession or occupation
- skills or interests
- emergency contact details and medications
- image (photo or video)
- other information you provide to us through member surveys or for other purposes.
U3A noosa will collect personal information about each member directly from the member in question. This will be done through membership and course registration processes. Members who decline to permit use of their image/photos in relevant U3A publications will be required to opt out of U3A noosa photographs by informing the U3A noosa company secretary accordingly. From time to time, other information may be collected through surveys or by other methods.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
U3A noosa collects personal information from members so that we can provide services and perform functions that are consistent with our constitution, including:
- to make courses and other activities available to members
- for communication, administrative, marketing and planning purposes
- for program development, quality control and research purposes
- to maintain accurate and up-to-date membership records.
Members’ personal information will not be shared or disclosed other than as described in this policy. Personal information will not be made available to external parties for direct marketing purposes.
U3A noosa will:
- only collect information that is consistent with our primary purpose and constitution
- inform members of the reason why information is collected and how it is administered
- inform members that any personal information held about them is accessible to them
- take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information held is accurate and up-to-date
- take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information held is protected from misuse, loss and unauthorised access.
- take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information U3A noosa no longer requires
U3A noosa may disclose your personal information:
- for purposes that are directly relevant to our constitution
- to volunteers, for example, tutors or members of the Management Committee
- to related organisations, for example, U3A Network Qld Inc.
- to employees, contractors or service providers where it is essential to the service being provided.
Members may request:
- access to any personal information U3A noosa holds about them by contacting U3A noosa’s company secretary who will aim to provide a suitable means of accessing the information. Where a member believes that personal information held about him/her is incomplete or inaccurate the member may ask the company secretary to amend it.
- if a member believes their privacy has been breached, they should contact U3A noosa’s company secretary and provide details of the incident so that it can be investigated.
U3A noosa’s Responsibilities to You
U3A noosa’s Management Committee is responsible for:
- developing, implementing and publishing this policy
- collecting, storing and using members’ personal information in accordance with this policy
- investigating complaints about the handling of personal information
- approving access to personal information consistent with this policy
- monitoring and revising this policy as and when the need arises
- receiving enquiries about this policy and complaints about any potential breach of this policy and for any complaint brought before the Management Committee for investigation and resolution
- responding to members’ requests for access to personal information held by U3A noosa about that member and for requests to correct personal information that is believed to be inaccurate or out of date
Complaints or Concerns
- Any questions or concerns about this policy or complaints regarding the treatment of personal information should be referred to U3A noosa’s Secretary who is responsible for the administration of this policy. Email address is: email@example.com
- U3A noosa will treat confidentially all requests or complaints lodged regarding this policy. We will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and to outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely, impartial and appropriate manner.
|Approval and Amendment History||Details|
|Amendment History||Insert Date. Describe the amendment and why it was made.|
Insert the name of any related policies applicable to, or should be read in conjunction with, this policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy